For your most challenging power system design and modeling projects, our Paladin DesignBase power engineering software has the functionality you need, with the Industry’s broadest platform of electrical system design and simulation software. And to ensure the completed design operates precisely as you intended, you can seamlessly redeploy your model in Paladin Live™ mode. Only DesignBase gives you that capability.
To try our cloud-based version of DesignBase 5.0 SP2, DesignBase Xi, Click Here. (At checkout, enter code DBXi2015. Your credit card will not be charged unless you decide to continue your subscription to DesignBase Xi after the 30-day trial has expired.)
Top 10 Reasons to Use DesignBase™
Paladin DesignBase power engineering software offers technical features and functions that not only make our customers’ design process more productive… it transforms their organizations.
1. Only Paladin DesignBase enables real-time, model-based diagnostics
Paladin DesignBase is the only power systems design and simulation platform whose design models can be re-deployed in “live”mode, to ensure that, once constructed, the facility operates precisely as it was designed to function. Using Power Analytics’ Paladin Live software, the “ideal operating design specifications for every component within the design-as well as all system-level model behavior-are calibrated in real-time with actual readings from live operations.
- Power system engineering expertise extends beyond the design stage
- Live operations perform precisely as they were intended in the design stage
- Deviations from “as-designed” specifications are immediately known and investigated
2. Paladin DesignBase is the most productive modeler in its class
The Paladin DesignBase user interface is the result of a joint development effort between Power Analytics and AutoDesk®, creators of AutoCAD® design solutions; engineers familiar with diagrammatic platforms such as Visio® will quickly be productive with Paladin DesignBase. Not only does Paladin DesignBase integrate the ActiveShapes®, “drag and drop,” “plug and socket” model-building processes, it also features a rich component library of frequently-used objects.
- Novice users can quickly create robust, highly-accurate models with expert proficiency
- Experienced Visio® users quickly gain mastery of Paladin DesignBase
- Plug-and-Socket features provide automatic connection-checking and data transfer
3. Paladin DesignBase enables master-model based design, simulation:
Beyond the Paladin DesignBase modeling environment, Power Analytics provides the industry’s broadest family of simulation programs, to ensure that common electrical faults are designed-out of the facility before the design model is released. These 50 programs – all working directly from the DesignBase model itself – are used to 1) analyze and optimize power flow, voltage stability and power systems reliability, as well as 2) resolve faults such as short circuits, arc flash, and electromagnetic transient problems.
- “Master Model” is created once, and continually reused for all applications
- ECOs recommended by simulation programs update automatically Master Model
- Design changes automatically ripple through to all simulation programs
4. Paladin DesignBase supports the most complex modeling operations
Paladin DesignBase offers users an unparalleled range of features and functions designed to increase their engineering capabilities, without adding technical complexity:
- 800+ pre-defined intelligent modeling objects
- Detailed specification libraries for more than 100,000 components
- Complex Components
- User-Customizable Symbols Catalog
- Project Layout Management
- User-Customizable Working Environment Layout
- User has complete control over the Paladin DesignBase user preferences
- All design expertise is automatically codified into the DesignBase model
- Model components can be easily used and reused in future design projects
5. Only Paladin DesignBase enables multi-user, team-based engineering
Paladin DesignBase empowers users to organize projects in a team framework, allowing several engineers to work on the same project individually and simultaneously. At the end of the project, the project manager will interconnect the independent drawings, and consequently will generate the entire project model.
- Tasks that are sequential in other systems can be completed concurrently with Power Analytics
- Continuous, team-driven work cycle accelerates the project timetable
- Increased cooperation between team members promotes higher-quality design
6. Paladin DesignBase supports automatic data structure analysis
This is a powerful function that automatically checks the drawings components and their database. This feature allows the user to fix either the model components layout or the project data base against the displayed components.
- Automatic updates of legacy information into new DesignBase environment
- Per user selection, can delete obsolete components not found in the database, and…
- Can also generate needed components found in the database, but missing in the model
7. Only Paladin DesignBase performs automatic error checking
This state of the art function allows the user to automatically check the network connectivity and voltage consistency… to automatically detect any network connectivity inconsistency and repairs it.
- Potential design flaws are isolated and flagged by DesignBase intelligence
- Automatically adjusts network data for system consistency
- Automatically provides data connectivity model components
8. Only Paladin DesignBase supports hyperlinking to third-party applications:
Paladin DesignBase can connect to any Windows-based application to their Paladin DesignBase project, including any website. This is a powerful feature that allows users to organize their Paladin DesignBase projects – stored in a single project database – as multiple page or multiple drawings project. For a given project, the hyperlink feature is a search, find, open the drawing model and locate the network component on the drawing.
- DesignBase models become boundary-less, extending wherever necessary
- Models are not constrained to CAD-only elements, but to all business applications
- A single project database ensures manageability over the extended design model
9. Paladin DesignBase unparalleled third-party compatibility
Paladin DesignBase is completely compatible with AutoCAD; users can import/export any drawing from/to AutoCAD, with *.dwg or *.dxf file extension. In addition, Paladin DesignBase is completely compatible with Microsoft® Office Products and any Windows® application. It emulates Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access user interfaces, and users can import or export any file from these Microsoft applications; any Windows-based application can be embedded into Power Analytics model.
- User has the option of importing schematics and wiring diagrams
- Global enhancements providing detail on wiring
- Users can export model with associated Power Analytics application (Load Flow, Short Circuit, etc.) without requiring locally-hosted applications
10. Only Paladin DesignBase offers a fully-customizable catalog
Paladin DesignBase uses Microsoft® Visual Basic® to allow users to easily create their own custom symbols and dialog boxes, specific to their needs.
- Users can modify Power Analytics symbols for consistency with user-specific symbols
- Users can enhance and enlarge Power Analytics catalog
- Easier way to create symbol names and attributes based upon user facilities