Caterpillar’s plant in Pontiac, Illinois, is a critical part of their supply chain. Due to its position on the Commonwealth Edison sub-transmission network, it has been susceptible to voltage sags, causing material damage and resulting in cascading effects across the entire supply chain. The plant itself is large and complicated, with over 50,000 individual machines, numerous motors > 50 HP, and generator backup for only a portion of the plant. Power Analytics created a model that accurately reproduced the effects of the voltage sags based on the known supply conditions, then provided two alternative solutions to mitigate the issues, one using traditional UPS technology and the second with a combination of various distributed generation technologies. A follow-up project for a plant wide arc-flash study is in discussion.
- Power Analytics Expands Comprehensive Life/Safety Portfolio with new release of software version 6.3 for DesignBase, including Arc Flash analysis and real-time Arc Flash
- Town of West New York Offering New Coronavirus and Antibody Testing
- HOBOKEN TO OPEN ANTIBODY TESTS TO RESIDENTS
- HOBOKEN TO LAUNCH COVID-19 ANTIBODY TESTING PILOT FOR FIRST RESPONDERS, FRONTLINE WORKERS
- Power Analytics Global & Inspire Health Alliance Announce New COVID-19 Antibody Testing and Real-Time Data Certification Platform